Purchasing goods and services for your organizations, along with maintaining inventory, is one of the essential business operations. Supply Chain Management department is responsible for keeping a record of acquiring office furniture, electricity, electronic devices, machinery, raw material etc. and other logistical needs of an organization.
The procurement department automates the process of basic buying and selling within an organization to increase efficiency and productivity of employees. During the pandemic of Covid-19, businesses are concerned about how to manage procurement with this purchasing of goods and services in a semi-locked-down or locked-down world. This blog explains how modern, sophisticated ERPs ease and automate the procurement process. Let’s discuss how.
The following features make the ERP procurement unique and ever more demanding:
- Purchasing Orders (first thing that ERP procurement takes care of. A simple request is added for a purchase using purchase document)
- Managing Transactions (after putting an order, credit card support is provided to deal with managing transactions)
- Easy Contract Management (ERP here operating as the financial hub of the business)
- Taking Care of Suppliers’ Data (of names, addresses, tax information etc.)
- Using Previous Records for Future Purchasing (going through earlier records and assessing which supplier was cost-effective and should be approached again)
- Auditing Suppliers (using methods such as quality assurance for keeping a scrutinous eye on purchasing processes)
- Communication with Suppliers (all communication records are available for reference in future)
All these processes ease, organize, and integrate supplier management within an ERP, and thus make your procurement management effective than ever. Give Odoo Procurement a try and find all these features amalgamated. Odoo is a fascinating ERP tool for Small and Medium Enterprises and is fulfilling online business needs even in lockdown caused by the pandemic.